UTK Canvas is the University of Tennessee Knoxville’s official and sponsored Learning Management System (LMS). This post will go through how to go to UTK zoom, myUTK, and UTK canvas.
How to Access UTK Canvas To access the University of Tennessee Canvas, click here.
- Go to online.utk.edu.
- Choose the canvas logo.
- Insert your NetID here.
- To log in, enter your password.
- The first thing you see when you log in to Canvas is your Dashboard, which includes configurable, color-coded cards for your current courses, a To-Do list, and recent Feedback from your courses.
- If you are unable to locate a course on your Dashboard, select the Courses icon, followed by the All Courses link.
- Modules are normally where you will discover content (readings, lectures, etc.) inside each course. You may also look through Pages or Files.
How to Participate in a UTK canvas Zoom Meeting from Your Canvas Course
As a student, you may attend your instructor’s Zoom meetings straight from the UTK Canvas course site.
- Authenticate your UTK Zoom account.
- Go to tennessee.zoom.us in your browser.
- Choose the Create or Modify Account option.
- If the sign-in screen appears, click Sign in with SSO (Single Sign-On) and check the Keep me signed in box.
- Enter tennessee for the company domain on the following screen.
- On the login page, enter your UT NetID and Password.
Use the Duo-2FA to authenticate.
- Review the Getting Started with Zoom website and Zoom video lessons to become acquainted with Zoom.
Use UTK Canvas to connect to a Zoom session.
- Go to your Canvas course.
- Zoom may be found in the course menu.
- The Zoom dashboard will appear inside your UTK Canvas course and will include all planned meetings.
- Make sure your Time Zone is set to your local time zone before attending a meeting. To pick the relevant Time Zone, click the pencil symbol.
- Once you’re ready to participate in the meeting, click the Join button.
Download and install the Zoom programme.
Zoom Mobile Application
When you click Join on a mobile device to join the conference, the Zoom mobile app will instantly load.
Zoom Computer Program
You can choose one of these choices.
- To install, double-click the downloaded file.
- If your download fails, you may restart the installation by clicking on download & launch Zoom.
- A dialogue window will appear, displaying the status of the Zoom installation.
You will not need to install the Zoom programme for any future meetings. This will launch the Zoom meeting that you have planned.
MyUTK is the University of Tennessee Knoxville student site where you may examine your academic history report, register for classes, view your schedule, view your DARS report, pay fees, view your grades, and use UTK canvas.
Go to my.utk.edu and log in using your NetID and password.
Your NetID at UTK?
Every University of Tennessee, Knoxville students, teachers, and employees have a NetID and password. Your NetID grants you secure access to a wide range of apps and services. The applications that require NetID authentication differ from university to campus. Contact your local HelpDesk for details on which programmes require NetID authentication.
Locating Your NetID
If you don’t remember your NetID, you may look it up using the UT Online Directory. Your NetID and chosen UTK email address will be published in the top right-hand corner of your directory listing.
Current visitors (non-UTK users with an existing guest account) and UTK users:
- Browse the UT Canvas Catalog and find the course of interest, OR use the URL provided by the teacher. The course listing page will appear.
- Choose the Enroll Now option. A welcome page appears.
- Log in using your UTK NetID – – Enter your UTK NetID and password. Every UTK professors, staff, and students have an automatic UT account in Canvas Catalog. If you are a UTK student and are having difficulty logging in, please contact the OIT HelpDesk.
- Non-UTK users should provide the email address and password they used to establish their UT Canvas Catalog guest account.Log in here, UTK users and existing guests!
- Choose your login method and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After you successfully enrol, a confirmation message will appear on your screen and an email.
- Navigate to Courses or Catalog Student Dashboard. See the instruction titled How Do I Use the Student Dashboard in Catalog for further information on this page.
- Choose the Begin Course button next to the course you’ve registered in. Start learning now!
To access the course in which you are enrolled, follow these steps:
- Go to the UT Canvas Catalog.
- In the top right-hand corner, click Login or Create Guest Account.
- Choose your login method and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Log in using your UTK NetID – If you are a UTK student, enter your UTK NetID and password.
- Non-UTK users should provide the email address and password they used to create their UT Canvas Catalog account.
- After successfully logging in, you will be sent to the Student Dashboard page, which includes the courses in which you are enrolled. For further information, see the How Do I Use the Student Dashboard in Catalog guide.
- Next to the course title, click the Resume Course button.
To enrol in a course/program, non-UTK users must first create a guest account:
Browse the UT Canvas Catalog and find the course of interest, OR use the URL provided by the teacher.
Choose the Enroll Now option. A welcome page appears.
Fill out the Make a Guest Account online form and click the Register New Guest Account button. The next screen asks you to confirm your registration. Canvas Catalog will send emails to the email address specified in your account registration.
Choose Complete Registration from the email. The button will take you to the Canvas Catalog Account Signup page. Your login ID is the email address you specified in your guest account.
After successfully logging in, you will be sent to the Checkout page.
To sign up for a free course, follow these steps:
Choose the Enroll option.
To enrol in a fee-based course, follow these steps:
If you have a Promotion Code, enter it here and click Apply.
To finish your enrollment, click Pay and Enroll. You will be sent to a secure payment page. To complete your payment, simply follow the steps on the screen.
Choose either Catalog Student Dashboard or Go to Courses. The Student Dashboard page displays a list of the courses in which you are enrolled. See the How do I? guide for more information about this page.